Kinx's Book Nook: Book Blogger Hop (5): Foreign Country

Thursday, March 7, 2013

Book Blogger Hop (5): Foreign Country


The Book Blogger Hop was originally created by Jennifer from Crazy-For-Books in March 2010 and ended December 31, 2012.

 Luckily, Billy from Coffee Addicted Writer will relaunch the Book Blogger Hop. Each week the hop will start on a Friday and end on Thursday. There will be a weekly prompt just like before. The hop's purpose will remain the same as it will give bloggers a chance to follow other blogs, learn about new books, befriend other bloggers, and receive new followers to your own blog.

Q: What is your favorite book set in a different country than the one you live in?
A: My favorite books are Jane Austen's Persuasion and Deborah Harkness' The Discovery of Witches; both take place in England. I would say I'm a HUGE anglophile. Plus, my favorite television show in Downtown Abbey. I'm all about England!






7 comments:

  1. I loved A Discovery of Witches too. Haven't read Jane Austen Persuasion yet though. I tend to read quite a few books set in the UK< so I'm trying to branch out some more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think a lot of us are picking the UK! Most be something utterly american about us and our obsession with all things British!

    Amber @ bookgeekspeaks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen the Discovery of Witches in the stores, but I have never read it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your favorite time period is one of my favorites. I like the 1600's too. I also like books set in the UK especially during the 1600's.

    Happy Hopping!!

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Blog Hop Answer

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never been able to do Jane Austen. I don't know why, but I find her phrasing difficult, and I'm familiar with other writings from the time period. It's really quite hard for me. I might have to check out A Discovery of Witches though!

    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lots of UK travels as I hop around!! I picked the same setting :)

    I'd like to read A Discovery of Witches... thanks for sharing it

    My BBH

    ReplyDelete
  7. Persuasion is a great book!

    ReplyDelete

I love any and all comments! It keeps me honest!